Have you ever looked forward to a Massage..only to find that
your therapist did not meet your expectations?
Not enough pressure...short on time...etc? I have!
You'd think being a therapist , that I wouldn't be shy to voice my needs.
After enduring several poor quality massages..I lost the fear of speaking up..
and started to interview the therapist before I booked the appt.
Bingo! Communication is the key to getting what you want!
Here are some hints to finding the right therapist:
- *Ask for background qualifications
- *Request a full hour of "hands on" massage..You are paying for an hour!
- *Ask about insurance Billing (you may have coverage that you are not aware of)
- *Communicate the type of massage and pressure you require
- *Ask about extras..like heat..and ice..music..environment
- *Commucicate your fears..or hesitations, including negative or postive massages you've had
I have been practicing Medical Massage Through Chiropractic Assisting...Physical Therapy Assisting and Now, for the past 7 years.. on my own in a wellness center. With a combination of Communication, heat, Stretching..Perfect Pressure...and a relaxing environment..I provide the type of massage that is suited to each person as an individual.
My clients schedule appts for some of the following reasons:
Conditions~ such as Fibromyalgia, Tendonitis, Hypertoned Muscles, Depression..Anxiety etc.
- I do bill insurance
- Gift Cerificates are Available
- offer discounts for first time clients..and package rates
- offer Heat and Ice at no extra charge
Please feel free to call me with any questions..and DO schedule! :)
Kerri Hobson, L.M.T. #1573